VPNG - AWARD OF MERIT
The Award of Merit is presented by the board to an individual who has demonstrated significant achievements and a commitment to the advancement of perioperative nursing. The nominee must have current full membership of their state or territory Local Association.
The award is given periodically at the discretion of the board and presented in the form of a certificate.
- Candidates for the Award of Merit can be nominated by any member of VPNG.
- Nominations should be sent as a letter outlining the nominee’s achievements to [email protected]
- The VPNG board of directors will determine whether the nominee will receive the award by vote.
Outline why you have nominated this nurse/nursing team by means of the following criteria (600 words)
- Support for perioperative nursing
- Evidence of contribution to perioperative nursing
- Promotion of a collaborative team environment
- Excellence and pride in the delivery of quality patient care
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- The development of colleagues within their perioperative team
ACORN - EXCELLENCE IN PERIOPERATIVE NURSING AWARDS
Excellence in Perioperative Nursing (EiPN) awards are presented to ACORN members who have made an outstanding contribution to perioperative nursing. Nominations are made by a local association or by the ACORN board and the awards are presented at the biennial national conference.
An EiPN award is presented in the following three categories – Individual, Novice and Team.
For more details about the EiPN awards go to Excellence in Perioperative Nursing
ACORN - JUDITH CORNELL ORATION
The Judith Cornell Oration (JCO) is delivered by a person, chosen by the board, who has made an outstanding contribution to perioperative nursing in Australia. The JCO is delivered at the biennial national conference.
The 2018 JCO award is sponsored by Molnlycke
For more details go to Judith Cornell Oration