The Victorian Perioperative Nurses Group (VPNG) consists of over 1000 members and is the professional body for perioperative nurses in Victoria.
- To inspire and lead excellence in perioperative nursing
- Patient Advocacy
The charitable objectives for which VPNG is established are:
- to foster the development, promotion and implementation of the philosophy, policies and standards of Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN);
- to provide forums for networking and the sharing of information and ideas between Members;
- to provide financial support for educational opportunities and research activities;
- to raise community and sector awareness of issues of contemporary nursing practice; and
- to foster strong ongoing links with Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN).
The Victorian Perioperative Nurses Group acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional owners of the land and acknowledges and pays respects to the Elders past, present and emerging.
VPNG is comitted to safe and inclusive workplaces, policies and services for people of LGBTIQ communities and their families.